Performance/ Freeride/ Crossover
The Cabrinha Switchblade/Ace package is our go to package for many riders. Whether you are new to the sport and want a great all around package to explore different styles, or a seasoned veteran updating to the latest gear, it's hard to beat a Switchblade and an Ace.
This Package includes
2020 Cabrinha Switchblade
2020 Cabrinha Control Recoil/Quickloop bar
2020 Cabrinha Ace 138cm Kiteboard
2020 Cabrinha H1 bindings
Cabrinha tall pump
The Cabrinha Switchblade is the best selling kite of all time for a reason. The Cabrinha Switchblade is back again with its uncompromising performance and durability. With a completely new Nano ripstop canopy material the 2020 Cabrinha Switchblade tougher than ever before. In addition to the the Nano ripstop fabric's superior durability which has a tear strength twice as high as last year, the added ripstop fibers also decrease the stretch of the fabric resulting in a more responsive kite that lasts longer.
The Switchblade is best performance freeride kite out there making it great for riders of all levels in any environment. If you've never been on a Switchblade come out and demo one at our Waves Village Watersports Resort in the Outer Banks and see what you've been missing.
What we like about the Switchblade:
The Switchblade is the best all around kiteboarding kite out there from beginner to pro, everyone can use a Switchblade. Switchblades are very stable and predictable which makes it a great kite for beginners, and it's that same predictability that makes it such a good freestyle kite for the pros. Switchblades are also one of the easiest kites to relaunch when you crash a feature that we can all appreciate. The upwind ability of the Switchblade is also amazing making it easier when learning how to go upwind as well as when you are enjoying the boosting performance of the highest jumping kite on the market. Finally we like the Switchblades because they have massive amounts of low end power and great de-powerability making a much wider usable wind range per size than a lot of other kites, so much in fact that you can usually replace a 3 kite quiver from other kites with 2 Switchblades.
Designed for the discerning rider who values unrivaled predictability and uncompromising high end performance, the Switchblade is made for those that want style, power, performance and craftsmanship.
The Switchblade’s reputation for being the world’s highest performance freeride kite not only comes from the thousands of customers who hail its praise, but from its countless world titles. Fastest sailing craft in the world (2010). King of the air (2017). Worlds highest tow-up jump (2018).
What's most amazing about the Switchblade is that all this performance comes in one of the easiest to use packages. Its balance and power delivery make this kite light to the touch and simple to fly. Whether you are working on your freestyle game or testing your limits in boosting incredible air, the Switchblade will deliver with a level of predictability and reliability that can not be found anywhere else.
5-Strut, Hybrid design, Fusion wing tip shape, Draft forward profile
- NEW Nano Ripstop canopy, the new bench mark in durability, stability & responsiveness
- NEW Optimized Dacron layout for reduced weight & improved handling characteristics
- High Tenacity Dacron for enhanced arc stability
- Strategic canopy reinforcements in the high stress areas
- Pure Profile Panels for efficient aerodynamics
- Ultimate performance in the widest range of conditions and variety of riding styles
- Ridiculously high hang times
- Large sweet spot and smooth on demand power control
- Excellent upwind performance
- Swept leading edge for effortless relaunch
- IKA Registered for sizes 7, 9 & 11
Sizes 4, 5 and 6 are available in orange color way only.
This product is registered with the IKA for Formula Kite Racing and can be used for the Youth Olympic Games and its qualifier events.
2020 Cabrinha Ace
Designed for freeride creatives looking to bend the rule of gravity with a forgiving, all conditions board, the Ace Wood is a highly versatile performance freeride model. It’s outline is a hy-brid of freestyle and freeride which opens up a world of options when it comes to it’s range of use. This all-wood version erases the lines between riding genres to create an exciting new approach to kiteboarding. The wood construction will tame rough and choppy waters allowing you greater edge control. Greater edge control leads to greater pop, greater pop leads to big air. What you do when you are up there is all up to you.
High performance model with the dampening of Paulownia wood.
- Optimal construction, for specific flex characteristics and unparralelled durability
- Forgiving flex characteristics for comfort in all conditions
- Rail channels for enhanced and effortless grip
- Medium rocker line for Early planing lift and reliable edge hold
- Quad channels in the tips for added grip when loading off the back-foot
- Smooth, predictable and stable landings
- Maximum upwind drive
Included with the board:
4x 40mm fins, 4x washers, 10x 6x16mm screws, grab handle.
2020 H1 Bindings
Great bindings, great price. The 2019 Cabrinha H1 bindings are a great all around solution for any style of twin tip riding. The Cabrinha H1 bindings have the prefect balance of fit and support to keep your board on your feet no matter what.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Single adjusting Velcro strap provides a solid connection while allowing dynamic foot position
- Dual density pad: Designed for a smooth & comfortable ride while providing a lot of grip
- Triple position duck adjustment for personalized stance
- Industry standard 6” mounting pattern
- M6x16 stainless steel mounting hardware included
2020 Cabrinha Control Bar
The Quickloop Overdrive 1X Trimlite is a highly refined control system with universal compatibility. From its soft and ergonomic adjustable bar ends to its light weight cleat trim and 1X security system, the Quickloop Overdrive 1X Trimlite is a high performance and feature rich method of kite control. What makes the Quickloop Overdrive 1X superior to other systems is its accurate ergonomics and its well thought out form factor. The security system is intuitive, operates without effort and is integrated seamlessly into the design.
The 1X Overdrive Trimlite control system is designed for every rider from beginner to pro who uses an inflatable kite with a single line (1X) compatible method of security. Adjustable bar length and a cleat trim are a priority.
A multi-function ergonomic adjustable control bar with Cabrinha’s 1X security, Quickloop connection and Trimlite trim system.
- NEW Easy adjust Overdrive bar end with 8cm width and leader adjustment
- NEW Fully retracting bungee line retainer
- NEW Soft, yet durable and ergonomic injection EVA bar ends with flex grooves
- Asymmetric design with superior comfort and traction for enhanced grip
- Simple and clean system
- Universal Quickloop connection
- Durable stainless steel cleat
- Integrated bungee in trim line to reduce tail
- Low ‘V’ connection for direct steering
- 1X Centralized flagging line connection point
- DSM Dyneema™ low elongation flying lines for direct and uncompromising performance
- 8m lower front lines for convenient serviceability
- Color coded line connection, for improved safety
Short leash (52cm) included.